Meet our tutoring team for Year 5-12 students in Canberra.
Want to see if your tutor will be a good fit?
Book a FREE, no-obligation consultation to have a chat with them and to analyse your study plan.
Expected response time: within 24hrs
Our tutors are from all around Canberra and are all specialists in their respective curriculums. We have even taught students from Canberra’s top schools, such as Radford College, Brindabella Christian College, Lyneham High School, Telopea Park School, Canberra Grammar School, Narrabundah College, Canberra Girls Grammar School, Burgmann Anglican School, Marist College Canberra, Dickson College, Trinity Christian School, and Canberra College.
Our tutoring has made headlines in Canberra.
"The tutors of Excel Academics are ranked within the top 5% of tutors in Australia. Sreeya, the founder, has stellar qualifications as well as the other team members of the tutoring company"
- Zack Love from Medium
"Beginning as a solo tutor, Sreeya has grown rapidly over this past year to develop an incredible team of highly qualified tutors, who work to deliver world-class tutoring to Year 5-12 Australian students"
- Mia Salas from Parade
BSSS Curriculum in Canberra (Survival Tips).
Survival tips sounds a bit dramatic, doesn’t it? But coming from someone who has completed the ATAR in Canberra, things can get very stressful very fast (especially in year 11 and 12!). So here are my top 5 strategies to completing your studies successfully in the ACT whilst balancing academics with other areas of your life:
1. Use the first term of college as an “adjustment” and “experimental” period. It’s alright if you don’t do too well starting out as you can always discount it towards your ATAR. After all, it is a huge jump from Year 10 to Year 11, so it is natural for students to struggle initially (I definitely did as well!)
2. Create a timeline for your studies before the school term starts. Go through your college’s handbook to see what you will be doing for the upcoming term, and create a timeline of when you’d like to get through all your content, when you’ll revise for exams and when you’ll create final exam notes.
3. Make time for physical activity, hanging out with friends, and resting. Carve time out for this just as you would for studying, as it is just as important as studying! I learned this the hard way after experiencing burnout midway at the end of year 11 – don’t be like me and take non-academic priorities seriously!
4. Only your rank in college matters, not your raw assessment marks. Also, don’t focus too much on scaling – just focus on doing your absolute best in all your subjects. I recall walking out of a specialist mathematics exam knowing I had not done well… and my raw marks confirmed this. However, it turns out that my rank was unaffected as it was overall a really tough exam. I had spent so much time worrying about scaling and my rank, only to realise it would have been better to just focus on doing my best. Everything will turn out fine.
5. Develop a solid routine. One that isn’t too intense, and balances your social life with your academic life. Sure, sometimes you may need to study super hard e.g. before exam week, but you should always revert back to a healthy routine that prioritises your mental health.
– Sreeya Das (Founder of Excel Academics)
Learn more about how to ace the BSSS & ATAR.
For parents and students curious about the rankings of each school as well as their unique characteristics, this blog breaks...
What is the AST in Canberra and how does it work? The AST stands for the “ACT Scaling Test” and,...
What are the entry requirements? You have to be enrolled at an ACT college or school (government or non-government) to...
In this blog, we provide a comprehensive breakdown of how your ATAR is calculated if you complete it under the...
› BSSS Tutors near Canberra, Australian Capital Territory and near me
› BSSS Tutors near Phillip, Australian Capital Territory and near me
› BSSS Tutors near Rivett, Australian Capital Territory and near me
› BSSS Tutors near Yarralumla, Australian Capital Territory and near me
› BSSS Tutors near Red Hill, Australian Capital Territory and near me
› BSSS Tutors near City, Australian Capital Territory and near me