What are the entry requirements?
You have to be enrolled at an ACT college or school (government or non-government) to apply to ANU Extension – the application process is online. To be granted admission, you need to sit a selective entrance test near the beginning of year 11. You can sit exams for multiple subjects offered by the program, but almost all students pick only one from the exams they pass.
The exams themselves require very little prerequisite knowledge and mainly rely on critical thinking skills. That is, all information to solve a question will be provided to you in the exam. However, it doesn’t hurt to prepare a little: for chemistry, use ANCQ past papers and for maths, solidify all concepts you learned in year 10.
To find the exact entry requirements, follow this link: https://extension.anu.edu.au/questions
How do I study for it?
The lecture notes combined with the worksheets, resources and textbook material provided by the teachers are sufficient in preparing for the exams. That is, unlike college, you usually don’t need to do any extra study and find your own resources.
To access ANU Chemistry Extension Notes for FREE, access our free resources library: https://excelacademics.com.au/free-resources/
What are the benefits?
There are several benefits to completing this program:
- Gain access to the ANU SuperSearch library, which is incredibly useful for school assignment research
- Use your ANU student ID for student discounts and promotions (like Spotify Premium!)
- Receive credit towards a bachelor degree for the studies successfully completed through this program.
- Be able to count your course results towards your ATAR (it can count as a minor if you score well enough)
- “Students who successfully undertake studies in ANU Extension and fulfill the academic requirements for their preferred program will gain tier 2 priority admission through the Admission, Scholarships and Accommodation application system and may receive an early conditional offer of entry into an ANU bachelor degree program. Progression within and award of ANU Extension courses is dependent on meeting the relevant BSSS and ANU course requirements”
For more information, follow this link: https://extension.anu.edu.au/courses
This blog was written by our Chemistry tutor, Sreeya. You can find her profile here.